Monday, August 2, 2010

Eggs In A Biscuit


With back to school quickly approaching I started looking yesterday for ideas for lunches and easy breakfasts. I remember seeing a recipe for breakfast egg muffins so I did a search and came up with an appealing recipe on AllRecipes (my absolute favorite cooking website) that looked appealing. Of course I tweaked it a bit. I didn't have sausage so I used five strips of bacon in place of the sausage and I used four eggs instead of three. The only canned biscuits I had were Grands so I separated each biscuit into two mostly even halves and used one half per muffin.
They turned out really well. When I first mixed the egg mixture up it didn't look like it would be enough for 12 muffins but it worked out perfectly. They ended up being surprisingly light and fluffy and really tasty. I will definitely be making these again but my next attempt will be with homemade biscuit dough to try to make them as wholesome and healthy as possible.
Link to the recipe
http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Breakfast-Pies/Detail.aspx

No comments:

Post a Comment