Friday, August 6, 2010

This Little Piggy


I've only really been blogging a week however in that week I've managed to change the name of the blog three times. I started the blog as a "Pantry Challenge" type of thing where I wanted to work on saving money and using up the massive amounts of food I seem to have in the pantry and freezer. That is still a worthy goal but when I actually started regularly posting this week it wasn't the direction my posts were taking. After a few posts it occurred to me that the one constant in every post was a picture of my wooden pig cutting board, hence the name "This Little Piggy" which is the first thing that came to mind with two preschoolers running around the house.
This Little Piggy actually does carry more significance that just something that happens to be in a lot of my cooking pictures. It was made by my Grandpa Elzie. He was an avid woodworker and I have several treasures he made me as a child but this is the one I currently treasure the most. I see it propped behind my stove, the same way my mom always stored her and I think of him as I go about my day. It gives me a way to keep him close to me now that's he's gone.
I don't know what direction the blog will take in the future but I think the name is final and I hope that somehow it will inspire you to get your little piggies moving around the kitchen as you try a few new recipes!

No comments:

Post a Comment