Tuesday, August 10, 2010

The Accidental Breakfast




I was all prepared to share some more about what I've been doing with all my yummy peaches but after breakfast I changed my mind. My daughter finished the last of the milk yesterday afternoon and we were down to one egg. The plan was for me to run to the grocery store after my husband got home but issues came up at work and it was after 9 before he made it home. By that time in the evening I'm done!!
With no milk and one egg I was having trouble figuring out what we would have for breakfast. I have some pancakes frozen from yesterdays breakfast but we just had pancakes yesterday and I was in the mood for something different. I did a quick computer search and came up with a recipe for PB & J Muffins. I had read about these on several blogs and wanted to give them a try as something to include in school lunches so this was the perfect time. I did have to improvise. The recipe calls for 2 eggs and I only had one so I added some applesauce to compensate. I forgot about not having milk so I grabbed the container with my Grandmas homemade hot cocoa mix in it, put around two tablespoons in with the 3/4 cup of water and declared it a good substitute. I figured the mix has powered milk in it so it works for me:) I love the fact that this recipe has carrot and zucchini in it. My oldest is not a veggie fan so I love finding new ways to get them in his tummy without a fight.

No comments:

Post a Comment