Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Meat and Potatoes


My husband is a true meat and potatoes type of guy. He would be happy with the same five things in rotation for dinner every night but I get bored and like some variety. While doing one of my weekly searches on AllRecipes trying to come up with something else to do with hamburger I came across this recipe for Hamburger Supper. It's a good alternative to something like Hamburger Helper on a night you need something quick.
http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Hamburger-Supper/Detail.aspx
To round it out I made some steamed veggies and cut up some juicy fresh peaches from a local orchard. I got a bushel over the weekend at the request of my mother in law and after trying them I'm headed back tomorrow to get a bushel for me. I plan on making some peach butter and cutting them up to freeze for future additions to school lunches this winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment